Sunday 27 April 2014

Cheap and simple dry skin remedy: Bio Oil!

I suffer with extremely dry skin on my face, so much so that it gets to a point where it's actually painful. This is probably because I suffer with eczema. I can't use 'nice' moisturizers as my skin is so sensitive, so I'm stuck using a boring old cream from the doctors. However to give my horrible dry skin an extra boost, I've discovered (years after everyone else) that bio oil is so so effective, and cheap!


If you're the same as me and suffer from sore, dry skin, or even just want to give your skin a moisture boost, then you should give this a go:

1. Dampen your face
2. Slather a generous amount of bio-oil on your face. I avoid my nose and chin, as I tend to get oily skin there, so smearing MORE oil on is probably not wise
3. Done!

It takes quite a while to sink in, so you're best to do this either at night or during the day if you know you won't be going out anytime soon. Also you don't have to wet your face first, but I think it helps it to sink in better and makes it a bit more moisturising and efficient. I found that this really 'quenched' my dry skin, and also seemed to help to even out my skin tone too. It's become my go-to remedy when my skin is being a pain! Simple but effective, and great if you have sensitive skin!

Let me know if you have any other dry skin remedies, I'm always on the lookout!


No comments:

Post a Comment